So you’re ready to get a bong. You’d be going to the store anytime soon. Hurray! I don’t mean to ruin your party, but, what are you buying? Wait, you didn’t know there are different types of bongs? It’s a good thing you’re reading this.
Bongs come in different shapes and sizes, each with its own benefits and drawbacks. The common materials are glass, ceramic, metal, acrylic and bamboo. Ready to check each of them out? Let’s jump in.
Glass is used in making bongs because of its resistance to heat and of course, transparency. Bongs made of glass come in different shapes and sizes, so you should go for one that meets your needs. Benefits? Wait for it.
- If you smoke frequently, you’d admire the beauty that its transparency brings. They gives you a smooth hit because you’d know when it’s time to change the water.
- Glass bongs diminish unwanted flavors in your smoke. These bad flavors can ruin the experience and that’s not something you want.
- They widen your options as there are several ways the smoke can be directed. Yeah, to the front, back, you name it. So, there are no problems if you want to use this while on your sofa.
- They come with different attachments, so if you’re concerned about flexibility, glass bongs are for you
It’s good but that’s not all you need to know about them. Check out some weaknesses.
- They’re more prone to cracking though this depends on the thickness of each glass.
- As compared to other types, they’re a bit expensive.
- Cleaning brings a few problems. Some glass bongs come with too much drag.
Glass bongs are the go to product for your personal everyday blower. You need convenience? Now you have something that gives it to you.
It comes with different designs too. And if you’ve got painting goals? You can get a brush and start working on your ceramic bong. Trust me, nothing beats taking a good hit while admiring your work of art.
Let’s see some of its advantages.
- They can be made at home. So you have an hour after work to spare? You can get to your backyard and start working on this piece.
- If you have an eye for aesthetics, the ceramic bong is for you. You won’t stop admiring the brilliant work of art many of the designs are. They’re so great for decoration and display, even your friends who don’t smoke would find them adorable.
- They’re water tight and very durable. Now this is where glass gets beaten.
Here are a few downsides.
- They’re very difficult to clean. And trust me, you don’t want to force your way in. You’d end up with a broken piece.
- You don’t get too see the water inside, so you really can’t time when it’s time to change the water.
Ceramic bongs are for everyone who appreciates art. And seriously, who doesn’t?
Metal bong manufacturers saw the need for more durable bongs and they definitely did meet that need. Their tensile strength is responsible for many of their distinguishing features. Let’s see some of them.
- They’re durable. This doesn’t need too much explanation. You need a bong that’s resistant to wear and tear, get a metal.
- They can withstand pressure, remaining very stable. It makes no sense getting a fragile piece that doesn’t last a week, you should get a bong that’s not breaking anytime soon.
But, there are some things you wouldn’t like.
- Bad flavors. Yeah, no one prays for it but don’t be surprised when you’re getting some bad tastes. It completely ruins the experience of a smooth hit.
- Increased temperature. To your hands I mean. Metals conduct heat, so if you’re fine putting on gloves while you drag, you’re safe. If that’s not the case, then this is something to keep in mind.
For the price metal bongs are listed, you’d be getting a good deal.
They’re made from thickened sheets of plastic. Some people consider them to be inferior to glass but they have a stand out property, they can be molded into different shapes and sizes. But there are many more benefits. Check them all out.
- They’re quite inexpensive. If you’re looking to save a few bucks, you’ve got options now.
- They’re not fragile. This is great feature so you can take it with you on your trips.
- When compared to glass bongs, they’re easier to clean.
- They can be painted so they’re also good for decorative purposes.
Yep, some drawbacks too. Look at them.
- The makeup makes it quite difficult to get a smooth hit.
- The seals are a bit weak and come off frequently.
- You can’t really see when the water starts getting dirty.
Acrylic bongs aren’t the best in the market, but they’re pieces you can try.
Call them wooden if you like. They’ve a very natural appeal and beautiful designs can be carved out of them. Though you shouldn’t expect the quality you’d get from glass or ceramic, there are still a few things to love.
- They’re relatively inexpensive. Not cheap. And yes there’s a difference. For a bamboo with such an ornamental appeal, it’s great to be getting it at that price.
- They’re quite durable. There’s a lot of finishing that goes into the bamboo bongs. Apart from making them extremely pleasing to the eyes, they also get to be very long lasting.
- You can make them at home. Yeah, if you have a knack for doing things yourself, fire on.
And whew! Yeah, those disadvantages. Let’s look at them.
- You can’t really control the direction of the flame.
- They leave a bad taste in your mouth. Yeah, some molecules of wood ash can get in the way.
- It’s difficult to clean. And watch out so you won’t get it broken while trying to force your way in.
Bamboo bongs aren’t perfect, but if you can live with those drawbacks, no one says you can’t give them a try.
Bongs were made to get you the clean hits you’ve always wanted. But, you have your own needs. So, identify the features you’d need in a bong and go for the bong types that give you that aha! feel.